Saturday, February 11, 2012

Haven't checked on this in a long time

I know some of you are still hurting from Kim's shenanigans. I see from the news these scams come and go all the time. Sometimes people even go to prison, but the wheels grind slowly.

I continue to try to earn income from the internet, I still believe in it, but this experience has made me ultra careful, as it should you. I do lots of research before doing business with anyone or any business. In this respect google is your best friend.

Some tips:

Search by the business name with the words "scam", "complaints", "problems", etc. appended to the name, for instance "ymmss scam", "ymmss complaints", and so one.

Check them out on the BBB(better business bureau). You can look up business who just have a website as well as a physical store. Now, every business gets complaints, it's how they deal with them that matters. If I can't find a business there, then that is a red flag to me. I know some start-ups might not be there and they might be quite honest, but you have to protect yourself.

This is good practice even when just buying a product much less than going into business with someone.


Best to you all, good luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

STA - YMMSS - SCAMS